In keeping with last year’s Beat the Backlist challenge updates, I’ve decided to do a monthly Mount TBR Challenge Update to share my progress in the challenge. It will also include some funky graphs because, as I’m sure you’ve realised by now, I do like a funky graph.
I initially signed up for Pike’s Peak – which is to read 12 books that have been on your TBR from before 1 Jan 2018. My intention is to read more than this, but I thought I’d start with a small goal, and then move onto the next level.
And, in January, I read a HUGE 8 books from my TBR!!! OK, this does include two DNFs, but these do count towards the rules of the challenge.
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- Tony & Susan (aka Nocturnal Animals) by Austin Wright
- Wolf Winter by Cecilia Ekbäck
- The Lost Time Accidents by John Wray – DNF
- Five Rivers Met on a Wooded Plain by Barney Norris
- What is Not Yours is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi – DNF
- The Wolf Road by Beth Lewis – review to come
- The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson – review to come
So, I’m well on my way to completing Pike’s Peak:
I started the year with 52 books eligible for this challenge, so I am hoping to at least make a start on Mt. Vancouver, if not Mt. Ararat further down the line, but we’ll see how it goes.