Another month down and I’m shocked at how close we are to the end of the year. November was a fantastic month. It was my birthday last week 🥳 and I also made it to the Hay Winter Weekend. I’ve really missed in person events, and it was lovely to be around fellow book lovers and to hear about some wonderful new books. I *may* have bought one or two as a result!
November was also a great month from a reading perspective, and I managed to read 10 books. Blogging, on the other hand, took a backseat as it started to feel like a chore, which is why you’ve not seen me for the last two weeks 😬 I hadn’t actually intended to take such an extended break, but sometimes I feel the need to step away, and I feel much better for having done so. I do now have something of a backlog of reviews to catch up on, however…
Books Read and Reviewed
- Read in November:
- The Hierarchies by Ros Anderson
- Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 by Cho Nam-Joo
- The Sound Mirror by Heidi James
- Cut to the Bone by Roz Watkins
- The Heavens by Sandra Newman
- I Am, I Am, I Am by Maggie O’Farrell
- Blue Ticket by Sophie Mackintosh
- Perfume by Patrick Süskind
- The Tale of the Tailor and the Three Dead Kings by Dan Jones
- Magpie by Elizabeth Day
Favourite Reads This Month
I received 1 book for review this month:
And purchased 6:
Plus another 6 from the Hay Winter Weekend:
Given the visit to Hay-on-Wye, this could have been much, much worse!
- Books out = 10 read + 1 DNF* = 11
- Books in = 1 ARC + 12 purchases = 13
- Equals an increase of 2 in my TBR
*I may come back to some of the DNFs at a later date, but for now they have been removed from my TBR.