Another month down, and it seems that summer is now over before it ever really got started as the days are becoming noticeably shorter and there’s been a definite drop in temperature of late. I managed one last camping trip during August, this time in Northumberland which is a beautiful part of the country I’ve not visited before. And the campsite had these little ones running around it, which was absolutely adorable, although they were not shy and would invade your tent given half a chance!
August was a good month from a reading perspective – I read nine novels (which seems to be the new average for me!) and I even managed to keep on top of my reviews for once! 😂
Books Read and Reviewed
- Read in July, reviewed in August:
- Read in August:
- Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi
- The Origins of Iris by Beth Lewis
- Light Perpetual by Francis Spufford
- Triflers Need Not Apply by Camilla Bruce
- The Fortune Men by Nadifa Mohamed
- The Last Good Man by Thomas McMullan
- The Last House on Needless Street by Catriona Ward
- The Lamplighters by Emma Stonex
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
Favourite Reads This Month
I received three books for review this month:
And purchased eight…
…plus an additional four from the Booker longlisted titles!
I’m now back to where I was at the start of the year…
- Books out = 9 read + 2 DNF* = 11
- Books in = 3 ARCs + 12 purchases = 15
- Equals an increase of 4 in my TBR
*I may come back to some of the DNFs at a later date, but for now they have been removed from my TBR.