Hosted by Cathy at 746books, 20 Books of Summer is an annual challenge to read and review 20 books from your TBR. For 2019, the challenge ran from 3 June to 3 September. The challenge is blessedly light on rules – you start with a list of 10, 15, or 20 books, and challenge yourself to read them in the 91 day period. The books can change (best laid plans and all that) so it doesn’t matter if, like me, you’re a mood reader, and just fancy something different from those initially selected.
This is the first year I’ve taken part, but I signed up for the full 20 books, and I’m delighted that I achieved my target! 😀 The books changed somewhat compared to my original list, although not quite as much as I expected!
I’m a little (!) late with this post, but here are the books I read, with links to my reviews.
- Frankissstein by Jeanette Winterson
- Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
- VOX by Christina Dalcher
- Changeling by Matt Wesolowski
- The Binding by Bridget Collins
- Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon
- Red Clocks by Leni Zumas
- Us Against You by Fredrik Backman
- Fatal Inheritance by Rachel Rhys
- The Never Game by Jeffery Deaver
- The Light Between Us by Katie Khan
- The Amber Fury by Natalie Haynes
- Vengeful by V. E. Schwab
- The Stranger Diaries by Elly Griffiths
- In the Dark by Cara Hunter
- Haverscroft by S. A. Harris