A little later than usual, but here is my progress in this year’s Mount TBR Challenge!
You guys aren’t going to believe this, but I read 11 books from my backlist in April! Admittedly this was helped significantly by a holiday and Dewey’s Readathon, but I’m really pleased with this!
- The Child by Fiona Barton – unfortunately, I didn’t get around to reviewing this one, which is a shame as I think I liked it more than The Widow!
- The Boy on the Bridge by M. R. Carey – very enjoyable prequel to The Girl with all the Gifts. I didn’t like it quite as much, but it was very good
- Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King – an interesting and original story looking at what might happen if women were to disappear from the worl
- The Girls by Emma Cline – very interesting look at cult mentality and what inspires such devotion in the followers of cult leaders
- Jade City by Fonda Lee – unfortunately, this one just wasn’t for me – I’ve never been all that keen on urban fantasy, so this was very much a case of the book not being right for me!
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff – I wondered how he was going to follow up Nevernight, and the answer is: brilliantly! I absolutely LOVED Godsgrave!
- Origin by Dan Brown – a little predictable, but still enjoyable if you’ve enjoyed the other Robert Langdon novels
- The History of Bees by Maja Lunde – an absolutely brilliant novel with three very different narratives
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins – I liked this, but I didn’t like it as much as The Girl on the Train
- The Death House by Sarah Pinborough – I liked this, but I had questions at the end of the novel – that said, I was hooked throughout
- Bonfire by Krysten Ritter – I really enjoyed this small town thriller
So, Mount Blanc proved to be less challenging than I thought, and I’m now well on my way to the summit of Mt. Vancouver!
- Total: 46
- Backlist: 20
- ARCs: 10
- New: 16
Whilst I’m pleased to have got down to 46 unread books, it won’t last, as I’ll be visiting the Hay Festival later this month, and I always come back with a ton of new books!