Thank you to Jo at mychestnutreadingtree for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
The rules are:
- Post the award on your blog
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions assigned to you
- Give 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award
- Ask 10 questions of your nominees
1 – Dogs or cats?
Dogs. 100% dogs.
2 – Kindle or real book?
I flit between the two. I love the convenience of my Kindle, particularly on holidays, but I like exploring book shops, and you can’t really beat the feel (and the smell!) of a physical book.
3 – Favourite drink?
Chocolate milkshake (I’m a child at heart!).
4 – What’s your favourite thing to cook?
I like cooking, although I’m not particularly creative in the kitchen. I do make a mean chilli though, thanks to my two secret ingredients.
5 – What makes you cry?
Onions. Every single time.
6 – What made you want to blog?
I started my blog as a way of connecting with other readers. I like discovering new books through other people’s recommendations, as well as sharing my own views.
7 – Favourite cheese?
Ooooh – this is a tough one. I love halloumi, and there isn’t much I won’t do for baked camembert. Please don’t make me choose between them!
8 – Sandals or boots?
Sandals. I’d walk around bare foot if I could get away with it.
9 – Last time you laughed?
I find something to laugh about most days, whether that’s with friends and family, at work, or from something I’ve seen on social media etc.. I’m easily amused 🙂
10 – Sunshine or snow?
Sunshine! To go with those sandals…
10 random facts about me:
- Continuing on the cheese theme from above, I live in one of the few places that is allowed to make Stilton. Unfortunately for me, I don’t like it!
- I have a degree in maths
- I hate mushrooms
- I’m an only child
- My favourite book is Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- I’m an ice hockey fan, and I support my local team, the Nottingham Panthers
- I have a fairly extensive collection of Hard Rock Café bears from around the world. They used to make a series of bears that were dressed according to location e.g. from Nottingham, I have a Robin Hood and a Maid Marian
- I have walked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- I have a black belt in Karate
- My bucket list includes staying in an ice hotel
Natalie @ theowlonthebookshelf
Ajoobacats @ ajoobacatsblog
Dave @ espressococo
Drew @ thetattooedbookgeek
Nova @ confessionsofaliteraryaddict
Wendy @ littlebooknesslane
Charlotte @ crowdedbookshelfblog
Steph @ stephsbookblog
Deborah @ thereadingchick
Clair @ havebookswillread
And my ten questions are:
- What are you currently reading?
- Starter and main, or main and dessert?
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What was the last album you bought?
- What is your favourite film / TV adaptation of a novel?
- If you could choose a superhero power, what would it be?
- What book to be published in the second half of 2016 are you most looking forward to?
- Beach holiday or city break?
- Hobbies, other than reading
- What was the last book you bought?