It turns out that my predictions for this year’s Man Booker Prize short list weren’t very good! I correctly predicted A Little Life and A Brief History of Seven Killings, but that was it.
The final short list is:
- A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
- The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
- The Year of the Runaways by Sunjeev Sahota
- Satin Island by Tom McCarthy
I think that this is a really interesting mix, and I’m going to try and read them all before the winner is announced on 13 October. If I had to make an early call, I’d go for A Brief History of Seven Killings to win, but I may revise that when I’ve read more of the short list!