Another month gone, and I’m still woefully behind in Novel Knight’s BTB Challenge, although I did manage to tick off three titles from my backlist this month:
- Way Down Dark and Dark Made Dawn by J. P. Smythe which I enjoyed but didn’t get chance to review
- The Mandibles: A Family, 2029 – 2047 – which I started, but wasn’t really enjoying so I gave up on it ☹ (it had great potential, but there was so much focus on the economics that I just couldn’t get into it)
I was doing really well this month, and I only bought two books – History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund and Exit West by Mohsin Hamid following the Booker Prize longlist announcement.
But I received two books to review, and three other books arrived:
- Out of Bounds by Val McDermid from Susan at Books from Dusk Till Dawn
- The Fourth Monkey by J. D. Barker from Zuky at Book Bum
- House of Fiction by Phyllis Richardson – a book I backed through Unbound which explores the houses that inspired various works of fiction
So, my TBR hasn’t gone down quite as much as I’d hoped, but it has gone down!